Geez, so I have to apologize, in my old age I am turning out to be alittle cluster f*cked at times. What a week, I forgot all about Easter, I know right even for a Grump like me shame on me! haha, but like a pro or a Mom, or a woman, eh, I dont know what friggin point I am trying to get across but suddenly Last Friday I thought It was Wednesday and thats when my screw up completely started, so suddenly the poor Godfather like a pro had to help assist me, and came through like the amazing man he is, he went back to work, got his paycheck we both forgot about, shopped for everything I needed for a fast Easter dinner (that I didnt have on hand) and I started baking and we had it on Friday cause one of our bestest friends was leaving town at 4 am Easter day to go on Vacation to Arizona. But in the midst of everything I had promised the Godfather I would post the recipes for the low cal Chocolate chip cookies and the blueberry scones, and well I ended up away from home with no internet till Monday then I looked everywhere, and couldnt find my 2 recipes, only to find them right in the last place I would look, which was the last place they were used “The Kitchen” ugghhh what a week. anyway, as promised I will post the scone one now and the Chocolate chip by tomorrow, thank you for the patience.
Grumpys Low Cal, Low Fat Blueberry Scones:
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 cup honey ( I use Local from farmers or Bee Amazing )
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt ( I use Himalayan Sea Salt or Kosher)
4 Tbsp Butter or 1/4 Olive Oil!
1/2 cup Applesauce Unsweetened ( I reserve alittle extra ( up to 1/4 cup if batter to dry)
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1-1/2 cups Blueberries ( I dont think you can have to many)
- Preheat oven to 350* degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and salt in a large bowl mix.
- In small er bowl mix all wet ingredients except blueberries, then combine the wet mixture into the dry when Combined add Blueberries and fold in (as not to smash them) .
- Take a Teaspoon and drop heaping teaspoon fulls onto prepared parchment paper pan. when done, place pan in preheated oven (350*) bake for about 10 mins, check the bottom of one should be lightly brown, take pan out transfer scones onto wire rack, cook rest of dough.
- Enjoy. each scone should be under 100 calories